Sunday, April 12, 2015

"I'm On a Highway to Levuka!"

We lit stuff on fire, crossed a stream, walked bare-foot on bushes, rode in a truck, crammed a small flat, took many road-trips to waila, and tomorrow I will actually report to my new area.

As you may have gathered I am transferred to Levuka. My area is the Island of Ovalau just off the east coast, I go by boat Tuesday.
 I am replacing Elder D. Johnson, and will be with Elder Moantewa for 6 weeks (missionary 2 for the kill count) I am just destined to get missionaries at the worst time. The end. You would imagine great, they will be knowledgeable, but with the constant lurk of home on their mind, it is hard for them to focus. 

Anyways not much for this week. I am officially exiled to the boonies! I will be off the main land in Elder Pence's old area. I guess this will be my mission "claim to fame". Well, let me summarize the week. Tuesday I was called bright and early. I sat at my desk when the phone went off. It was President Layton's set ringtone. Elder Motuliki thought I was lying, but I showed him the ID. I walked out to find reception, and was given assignment to go to Levuka. This ought to be way fun. I have seen the effects of stress on other missionaries, but I have not been really stressed in my other areas, so I should manage amazingly. That and my lack of care to where I am, I will do what I am called to do; attitude will keep me very well fine-tuned. 

As for events we have been staying with the Burewai Elders just out of Korovou. I met the Stake President of Nausori for the first time yesterday. He is way cool! We seem to have a far increased focus of the work in this district. Looks like the leaders are pushing for it to grow. Much work will come soon.

Well we stayed in Korovou where they did a little party outside our flat. It awoke Elder Noble and I, so Elder Noble tricked them to think the truck alarm was sound sensitive. He kept setting it off whenever they got loud. Well they started to shush each other eventually. We slept the rest of the night really well. 

Another thing was my new companion killing a mouse with a clean gut. He used a dull butter knife. We saw one in the flat. Elder Hafen trapped it, then told Elder Moantewa to wait for it. E. Moantewa said he needed something to kill it with, and found a dull butter knife, as opposed to a shoe to smash it. Well it came out, and with one fatal swing E. Moantewa sliced it open without hitting it into the floor or against the wall. Then walks off to dispose of the knife as if nothing happened.

I get to stay in the Nausori zone, and will normally see the zone once a month. This month will be special. We get to come back 2 more times. Then it will be normal for the time being. Love you all! Next chapter mada!

 Beach with Zone in nakela
My new watch (22 FJD it is a fashion watch) It is my diamond camo watch, I accomplished my challenges for all camos.

Year Mark Milestone!

last district meal (my king sized king flavored pizza)

Reflected past to remember the future.

Day one in Burewai

Chilling with Elder Noble



The dEEd mouse (lik dis if you cruoy evertim) bless your face if you sneezed, and if you puked, well, better out then in.