Sunday, September 14, 2014

Some catchy title.....


Man it is hard to think of stuff once I sit down, but as I am going through the week, I can get great titles.

 Anyways, this week was slow. Since the change, we had to move to another flat. We packed our stuff up at like 10:30 pm when we got called. Our flat is a bit smaller, but still alright. It looks way more homey than the last one, that's for sure.

 We said goodbye to most of our district. We played volleyball at our chapel, wish we would have earlier. Our volleyball poles are way better than 2nd wards. Well.....

 So this week was alright it was boring and uneventful....... Why can't something happen right? Or is it a good thing nothing happens? Makes it too easy I say. 

 The really big things were

Stake conference, the lifesaver, and the possible curfew thing. Well that and dumping alcohol out with our investigator after the lesson on the word of wisdom. We have a video of most of it, but I got a picture of E. Pence dumping wine.

 We will go in order shall we? On Thursdays, we do a split with the ward to visit less-actives. I went with Bro Naceba, and E. Pence with Rohit Prasad. Well as I was walking to a members house, I noticed a man sitting in the door (it was dark outside) of the big building on my right. I said bula as normally I would do to some random passer by. He responded with excitement and a bit startled:" Ni sa bula vinaka." At that point I thought nothing of it, cause we had planned to visit someone, but I was completely constrained to talk with the man. I felt as if I lost control walking over to him. Once up to him I was stunned in a sense. He said, "do you have any spiritual advice for me, I have tried to commit suicide." I nearly shut down at this point. Bro. Naceba turned and all he could say was "kua, kua ni cakava ya." I pulled out my handi-dandi aivola i momani, and asked "E rawa me keirau wasea e dua na ka baleta nai vola oqo?" (can we share about this book) He asked us in, we were there sharing about the Book of Mormon a while, and giving him scriptures to help him. He said to me he had filled a basin with water, and put an electrical cord in it, but he couldn't quite jump in. Bro. Naceba said, "It is not your appointed time." Those words settled strongly in the man's heart. He said we saved his life. And that was my Thursday excitement.

 Anyways, we had a great stake conference, yet afterwards everyone needed us at the same time, then they were mad at us cause we didn't come to them when they wanted, then the schedule went all out of whack.......... Glad it is over. Then our lesson the same day. Our members said that there was a curfew on Wednesday because of voting. I don't know how serious that is. People here are way superstitious because of the number of coups they have had. Mostly I just don't trust peoples word here, cause no one keeps their word. We pretty much have to hold everyones hand......

 Until next time

Donuts made for us

landscape pic

Make shift doorbell
Word of Wisdom lesson